Part of the challenges for global brands in executing global campaigns is to be able to produce local versions that capture the look and feel of a local production. I believe smart localisation goes beyond technical issues; it’s about creating strong local relevance. The multi-channel nature of today’s marketing activities also means assets have to be localised in various different native formats.
Over the years I have developed an innovative streamlined production process:
- Build and curate a network of local A/V production studios based in every key local markets
- Evaluate global idea and provide creative and cultural consultation to inform pre-production
- Project scoping to consider all channels from traditional to digital and social
- Identify issues to be addressed for the shooting of the global version including needs of double shooting of local products
- Manage in-market VO recording to maintain truly native look and feel
- Manage all post-production and versioning process including music scoring, animated titles
- Re-edit content to comply with local regulatory requirements and different local specifications
- Centralise global fulfilment of assets including local regulatory clearances
Some of the campaign adaptations that I have led:
Amstel TVC (Russia)
EX SPORE (Italy, Spain, Germany, France)
I have always been impressed at how seamlessly he becomes part of the team. He has the expertise and ability to hand control back to a panicked team by always finding an excellent solution to the issue. He has a great understanding of brands and strategy and the importance of detail in ensuring a joined up approach.
Former Business Director, Ogilvy